FessBooks.com An Arkansas Best Seller
In 2021 — Celebrating Seventeen Years of Publishing
Michael Don Fess, Author Over Twenty-Five Published Books
Mystery Novels, Historical Novels, Non-fiction Books, & Erotic Novels
Most of these books are FREE on Amazon Kindle Unlimited !
Need a Speaker?
Hear the science behind my new novel.
If you would like an Informative and
Entertaining Presentation of
Amazing Facts and How they will
Affect our Lives in the Near Future . . .
OVER HALF THE BOOKS SOLD
In 2021 Will Be eBooks
The largest distributor of
eBooks for your iPad, Kindle, or Nook
eBooks are less expensive . . . average $3.95
You receive them instantly
AND . . . There’s no shipping and handling
Like FessBooks Publishing on FaceBook
so you will get the latest news.
If you read my novels, you can experience many lives, share adventures, and feel emotions you may never get to experience in real life.
If you don’t read books, you live only one life, a solo adventure.
My novels have many sub-plots interwoven with the main storyline that keep you guessing.
If the reader can out-guess the author about where the story is going, the reading experience becomes boring.
I don’t want you to be bored . . .
Happy Reading In 2021
My List of Ingredients for a
1. The story should have one or more “larger than life” characters. Memorable characters give the reader a “hook” to remember the story and can give you the feeling you know the characters personally.
2. If the story has many characters, repeat their names and associate them with their title or job to help the reader keep them straight. Novels are confusing when you can’t remember who someone is and their relationship to the story.
3. The story should have several sub-plots woven into the main plot to make the story more interesting. It helps keep a fast pace throughout the novel.
4. The novel should be sprinkled with enough facts to make the story ring true. Well written fiction should have enough facts to give you the feeling it is a real-life story and could be believable.
5. It should have many unexpected twists and surprising turns . . . the reader should never be able to get ahead of the author and predict the outcome.
6. Keep the action moving . . . make the reader keep turning the pages to see what happens next.
7. When the situation seems to be approaching a resolution, inject a new crisis. It’s called “turning up the heat.”
8. Let the characters tell the story and keep it in active voice . . . long paragraphs of passive voice descriptions will tend to bore most readers.
9. Characters should each have a different voice . . . they should also use different words, e.g. adjectives and nouns to give them a personality.
Speaker at Civic Clubs
· El Dorado, Arkansas Kiwanis Club
· Magnolia, Arkansas Rotary Club
· Arkadelphia, Arkansas Rotary Club
· Fayetteville, Arkansas Rotary Club
· Pine Bluff, Arkansas Rotary Club
· Marion County, Arkansas Rotary Club
Cruise Speaker and Book Signing
on a cruise through the Panama Canal
(That’s me signing in my Caribbean costume)
Read Part of
eBook is available at
Amazon, B & N, Kobo, and Smashwords.com
For Thinking People
Thought provoking, fact filled and guaranteed to make you think.
And Slot achines
From Tunica to
After death, do we
become energy parcels roaming the Cosmos?
Do we learn all the secrets of the vast and unknown universe?
Can we meet former friends and other entities from the past?
Is there life on other
planets in the galaxies?
Available at B & N, itunes & Smashwords
If You Like Historical Fiction - A Trilogy
Three eBook Mystery Series set in 1964 In Louisiana
Read part of Book One
Read part of Book Two
Read part of Book Three
Based in Arkansas’s
Kobo, and B & N
BOOKS in PRINT
“What Do We Do With What We’ve Learned”
“The Cruising Serial Killer”
“The Cruising Black Widow”
“Mystery On Elbow Cay”
“The Secret DNA Code”
“The ISIS Pill”
“Are We Energy Parcels”
Coffee Table Book
“Bones of the Garden”
They’re Easy to Order
of any book in Print
Contact the Author?
The New 2 Book 2017 Series
An Arkansas Novel
A murder mystery
In the winter time on Petit Jean Mountain.
Read about wild political corruption during the State elections in the post-Huey Long era and the elected officials who went to prison.
Remember Carlos Marcella, the Mafia Don in New Orleans, and the FBI’s futile attempt to exile him to Guatemala?
Many of these fictional accounts are based on truth.
All are eBooks and are available at Smashwords
Amazon, Barnes& Noble, iTunes, and Kobo
“A Shaking Experience”
An Adventure Novel
Based on an actual cruise to the
Panama Canal during November 2017
Join the author in an amazing experience
Learn why we have bananas year-round
eBook available at
iTunes, Amazon, etc.
Please leave a review